Bangladesh today is a country with a thriving economy in primary, manufacturing and tertiary sectors. As a developing country, which gained independence a few decades ago, in 1971, it has come a long way from a predominantly agrarian and a labour intensive manufacturing economy to its present state of a diversified economy and now has industries, many of which effectively compete with regional and worldwide players. In this process, the defining role of foreign investors has been a key element.
The Foreign Investors' Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), started off in Bangladesh as the Agrabad Chamber of Commerce based on Chittagong, where most of the foreign industries and business houses were then located. In 1987 the Chamber changed to its present name and its offices moved to Dhaka.
- FICCI Presidents Comment in Financial Express. Click To Download
- Bangladesh Investment Summit - Register Now. Click To Download
- Inaugural Bangladesh Investment Summit, Europe. Click To Download
- Monthly Bulletin for March 2013. Click To Download
- Monthly Bulletin for January 2013. Click To Download
|Dhaka Stock Exchange Ltd.||BBC||The Daily Star|
|Board of Investment Bangladesh||CNN||The Prothom Alo|